Welcome to Pembroke Springs Retreat!
Our retreat is now open! We are booking to one group at a time!
- With many changes in operations, all reservations must be made via a phone call to Lisa, the retreat manager – (540) 877-2600
- Dates and rates available are listed on the reservations page.
- Advance reservations are necessary, but we do not confirm reservations further than 3 months out.
- As a courtesy to our guests, please do not call between 9pm and 9am.
- Although we welcome all guests, we ask you please refrain from “stopping by” without calling first.
Escape to peace and tranquility in the Shenandoah Valley
Pembroke Springs Retreat is indeed a very special place.
We are located on a 175 acres of natural forest. Our two large Japanese baths (ofuros) which you are invited to enjoy are fed by our natural mountain water. Guests can also fish for bass and bluegill at the well-stocked pond. For those who love nature walks, several miles of easy, well-marked hiking trails twist around the property.
The Retreat is situated at the base of the Great North Mountain in the Northwestern part of the Shenandoah Valley. We feature an expansive field with a stream, a pond and our springs. Both native and migratory wild life is abundant and the views are spectacular at all times of the year.
This is not the typical Virginia vacation home rental.
Ours has a Japanese theme throughout the inn.
If you are looking for a historic mansion with a fireplace and a canopy bed in your room, we are not the place for you. However, if you have always wanted to visit Japan or you are interested in having a cultural experience surrounded by nature, you will enjoy your time with us!
Our country house is considered a “hobby business”.
Due to our lifestyle, we are NOT open 7 days a week.
Site visits are not currently possible due to COVID.