Welcome to Pembroke Springs Retreat!
Our retreat re-opened as a house rental after a long period of closing.
We are booking to one group at a time! We are NOT a bed & breakfast!
- With many changes in operations, all reservations require a phone conversation.
- Dates and rates available are listed on the reservations page.
- Advance reservations are necessary, but we do not confirm reservations further than 3 months out.
- Please do not call between 9pm and 9am.
- Every group regardless of size has the whole house to themselves. Therefore, although we welcome all guests, we ask you please refrain from “stopping by” without calling first.
Escape to peace and tranquility in the Shenandoah Valley
Pembroke Springs Retreat is indeed a very special place.
We are located on a 175 acres of natural forest. Our two large Japanese baths (ofuros) which you are invited to enjoy are fed by our natural mountain water. Guests can also fish for bass and bluegill at the well-stocked pond. For those who love nature walks, several miles of easy, well-marked hiking trails twist around the property.
The Retreat is situated at the base of the Great North Mountain in the Northwestern part of the Shenandoah Valley. We feature an expansive field with a stream, a pond and our springs. Both native and migratory wild life is abundant and the views are spectacular at all times of the year.
This is not the typical Virginia vacation home rental.
Ours has a Japanese theme throughout the inn.
If you are looking for a romantic getaway in a historic mansion with a fireplace and a canopy bed in your room, we are not the place for you. However, if you want to book a family reunion or an escape with friends and you are interested in the Japanese culture and nature, you will enjoy your time with us!
Our country house is considered a “hobby business”.
Due to our lifestyle, we are NOT open 7 days a week.
Site visits must be arranged in advance!