Japanese Baths at Pembroke Springs Retreat
In Japan, no daily ritual is more uniquely important to a person’s well being than the bath at the end of the day. The ofuro has been used by the Japanese for centuries to alleviate both physical and spiritual maladies. This ancient technique of immersion in hot water takes away tensions and stress, soothes muscular pains, and stimulates the blood’s circulation. Due to its ability to increase the quality of one’s life and health, this bathing tradition has been gaining popularity in the U.S. We are very excited to have newly renovated spaces for the bath experience. The scent of cedar tubs takes one back to Japan!
Pembroke Springs has two large Japanese baths.
- We are not a spa, but we are proud to have authentic Japanese baths.
- The mountain water is heated to 104 degrees.
- Bathing suits are not permitted, as they carry soap into the baths.
- As in Japan, guests wash outside the bath first and then immerse.
- Children who are not toilet trained are not permitted in the baths.
As we are booking to only groups, no bath reservation times are needed.
Bookings of 3 rooms or less have access to one bath. Bookings of 4 or more rooms have access to both baths.